Stainless steel is a mixture of iron with a minimum of 10.5% chromium. Chromium produces a thin layer of oxide on the surface of the steel known as the passive layer, which blocks any further rust from the surface. While increasing in the amount of chromium gives an increased resistance to rust. Stainless steel also contains various amounts of carbon, silicon and manganese. Elements like nickel and molybdenum can be added to impart other useful properties such as enhanced formability and increased rust resistance. Which manufacturer industries use stainless steel furniture??
- Food and Beverage Industries: – stainless steel products are hygienic and durable alloy, so it became a favourite in hotels and canteens kitchens and for the similar reasons; it is the material of choice in industries as different as the processing of dairy products and many more.
- Stainless steel used in Agricultural Applications: – From a very simple feeding vessel to the most advanced technology of different equipments, stainless steel is found on farms in various applications. There are some good reasons why to use stainless steel for agriculture, as stainless steel prevents rust and remain unchanged over the entire life of the products.
- Medical and surgery Equipment: – There are many ways in which stainless steel is used on the field of medicine. The normal stainless steel is used to construct things such surgical and dental equipments, operating tables, stainless steel first aid boxes and trays. The items have to be sterile in order to prevent and fight infection, stainless steel equipments can be sterilised easily and it won’t get rusty because of which it is an ideal products.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical: – As chemistry and pharmaceutical industry deals with substances which are dangerous and highly destructive. So it is necessary that components, pipes, storage tanks or any other pharmaceutical products are constructed from high graded stainless steel.
- Following are different types of stainless steel used in pharmaceutical industries:-
- There is different category of stainless steel according to the composition like 302,304,304L, 316,316L, 410,430,440 etc but all are not used in this industries. The word stainless steel itself says that it doesn’t get rust or stain. It is very stable in nature because of that it can fit in any environmental conditions.
- 304,304L, 316 and 316L these are four major types stainless steel used in pharmaceutical industries.
Reasons why stainless steel are beneficial:-
- Stable and durable: Mostly spot welding and argon welding are used for fabrication of steel furniture, they are interrelated with each other and become an inseparable whole part, and this will be beneficial in their stability and durability. Maintenance cost is less for steel furniture.
- Safety: steel furniture has features like fireproofing, waterproofing and guard against theft, so it is a highly secured product. Due to its unique features if something unexpected happen, steel furniture will survive and minimize our loss.
- Easy to clean and maintain: steel furniture is very easy to clean and they don’t require any maintenance work once it is installed.
- Stronger Bearing Capacity: As the entire steel drawer, cupboard and steel lockers are made with upgraded construction, like the stiffener on the door and the strengthening bar on the shelf and back panel, these all increases the loading capacity of steel furniture.
- Long Lifetime: The person who is using steel furniture in good environment and in correct manner than the life of steel furniture will be almost around 10-20 years.